There are lots of things out there like: “Questions to ask your wedding photographer” + “Things your wedding photographer won’t tell you!” So I have put together my own list of things you should know when considering Jayne B Photography or when searching for the right wedding photographer for you. We hope you find this helpful + We look forward to getting to know you!
1) Our approach to wedding photography can be described as: “organic, romantic + natural”. We strive fore our clients to feel comfortable and natural while creating beautiful photos. We have lots of fun with portrait time (who can blame us?!) but the majority of your wedding day photos will be candid moments. It is important to know that even our portrait time has a very natural feel. We leave room for plenty of sweet + natural moments!
2) We really genuinely care about our clients + their weddings! We are always so honored to be apart of each wedding! Words cannot describe how special it is capture one of the best days of their lives! We will do everything in our power to make your wedding + wedding photography amazing! You are not just another wedding client, you are a part of our Jayne B Photography family!!
3) There are many photographers to choose from; Our education, experience and work ethic gives us an advantage. We have a background in fine arts and a formal education in photography. Aside from education, the Jayne B Photography team has years of experience with wedding photography and have been photographing them since 2008. Wedding photography is not only our career, but also our passion. You will see that through our dedication and enthusiasm! We accept a limited number of weddings each season, in order to give our clients our very best.
4) We are a service based photographers.(versus a product based) This means that we offer our photography service based upon the hours of coverage and number of photographers; Our packages always include rights to print your images up to 8×10. (without any logo) Your final images are delivered on an wooden engraved USB device. You can expect your USB about 6-10 weeks after your wedding. We offer products including: professional prints, canvas wraps, metal + wood prints, custom albums, custom guest books, magnets, large print files and much more. You are free to make your own prints, print products and albums using your USB of images. If you need a great place to print your images just ask; We want your prints to look their best!
5) Photography is not your typical wedding expense; Not all photographers are equal. Photography is unique because unlike other wedding expenses it will be enjoyed and viewed forever. It documents every decision that was made about your wedding day as well as the spontaneous moments. Your wedding photos will help shape the way you remember your wedding.
6) Each wedding has different photo coverage needs. We have a standard pricing guide, but we don’t hesitate to create a custom package. Some weddings are BIG… some are small …some need multiple days of coverage with three photographers…some only need a few hours with one photographer…some are close by…some are far far away. (Side note: WE LOVE destination weddings!!) If our standard package guide doesn’t work for you, we will work together and create a package.
7) Average photography coverage is 8-10 hours. Our coverage for a local weddings starts at: 8 hrs + 1 photographer + engagement session + rights to print = $2000. Photography coverage averages between $2,300 – $3,200. We offer packages with 1 photographer and multiple photographers. If you have 100 guests, we recommend coverage with 2+ photographers to best capture the moments of your wedding day.
8) Did I mention: We LOVE to travel for destination weddings!?! We are based in Atlanta, Ga. but we travel anywhere + everywhere for awesome weddings. We are always SO inspired when traveling! Custom packages are made for all destination weddings. A Hawaii wedding is our DREAM!!!! 🙂
9) When we arrive on your wedding day, we come with at least two full sets of professional camera gear. It is very important to have a backup set (cameras, lenses and flashes). If there was ever an equipment malfunction your wedding coverage would continue seamlessly.
10) We favor natural lighting. We are able to use off camera + dramatic lighting when needed.
11) We work closely with our couples to create a wedding schedule. We do ask for time to create. If you want really nice portraits, they take time. It is not possible to get 2 hours of photos finished in 30 minutes. Although we make a schedule, on your wedding day we keep calm, are flexible and go with the flow. Stressing is just not our thing; we are problem solvers by nature. It can be extremely helpful to have a coordinator that will help keep your day on schedule!
12) It is recommended that you talk with your venue about photography restrictions before you book the venue. We have worked in churches and venues with all different rules. It is best that you know and understand the rules before you sign the venue contract. We will always be respectful of any rules given. Don’t worry… it is NOT our style to be right in your face during your ceremony; We use zoom lenses to get close up shots.
13) Create YOUR OWN wedding photos; not someone else’s! Don’t mirror what you see on wedding blogs or “Pinterest”; Make yours your OWN unique wedding day!! Our clients choose us because they trust our dedication, skill and experience.
14) We are fans of twinkle (christmas) lights and uplighting!! It shows up beautifully in photos!
15) We estimate a minimum amount of images that our clients will receive. This is in direct correlation with the hours that we spend shooting. However, this is just an estimate. The amount of edited images that our clients receive is never limited and often over our estimate.
16) All of the photos that are presented to our clients are fully edited and ready to print. We take great pride in our detailed post production process. The images provided will be a mix of color images and black and white images. In order to provide our clients with the best, we do all of our post production work ourselves. This is a very time consuming and detailed process. We avoid trends + fads with editing or post production. Providing our clients with classic + timeless images.
17) We want to help you!! Use us as a resource if you need: Venues? Coordinators? Event Designers? Hair/Make-up? Florist? Band? Catering? We have worked with some of the best vendors out there, if you need suggestions we are here to help! Keep in mind we get to see the behind the scenes work of the vendors, so our recommendations are not given lightly.
18) So you are ready to officially reserve your date, now what?
Lets first set up a time to talk or Skype!! We will go over all your plans, questions, and make a rough draft wedding day schedule to show how your coverage can be used. There is a contract and deposit that is due to officially reserve your date. The contract is custom to your package can be completed online. We only take a limited number of weddings each year. We typically book about 9-12 months in advance! Once you find the right photographer, act on it! Don’t give someone else a chance to book your date before you do!!
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for: a wedding pricing guide, additional questions, and bookings. (don’t forget to send your wedding date + venue with your inquiry!)